I have to admit, I'm a two or three issue voter. I have several issues that I'm always concerned about. If a candidate promises me he'll work the way I want on these issues and has a history of doing so, then I'll vote for them.
I'll also say that I'm not thrilled with either of our choices for President this go round. Actually, I'd personally vote for Sarah Palin before I would either of the two men running.
I wrestled with writing this post. It's not my intentions to make this blog a political one, but it's safe to say my readers are gunowners. What lead me to write this is a statement by Barack Obama on Gun ownership.
He said he wasn't after anyone's guns.
This statement is along the same lines that Bill Clinton made in 1992 and we all know how friendly he was to anti gun groups.
But Barack Obama has a history of being anti gun. He can't hide from that past. There is nothing that makes me think he will change if he's elected President. Actually, I'm betting that he'll get even more liberal if he wins Election.
I believe his true colors were shown we had made mention about people from Pennsylvania "holding on to their guns and religion". I'm not sure why the Democrats are picking on the people of Pennsylvania, but most of them are my kind of people. I hope you people will also send Mr. Murtha packing for the statements he made about you also.
But I'm rambling. The point I want to make is come Tuesday, if you value your Consitutional Right To Bear Arms, then there is only one choice and it isn't Barack Obama.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the next President will likely choose at least one, probably more than one, Supreme Court Justice. Do you think Barack Obama would choose a Justice who was pro-gun ownership? I doubt it.
The economy will fix itself. From what I've researched, both parties are at fault for the shape it's in. The Democrats have been in control of Congress the last two years and have no nothing to head this off, in fact, Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd should be on their way to prison now for their role in this mess.
Plus, to add feul to the fire, my wealth, or what little I have, is spread around too much as it is. I don't need Barack Obama or his coherts to do it for me. We can't afford another tax increase that Obama is planning.
Need more proof that Obama would be an anti-gun Liberal.
This is an email I received from Paul Helinski of GunsAmerica. I hope he does not mind me putting it up here.
We have had a lot of email into GunsAmerica and especially into ourabout voting for Barack Obama for president.
Setting aside the socialist policy issues, and "spreading the money around" that you work for, everyone should be very clear about wherestands on guns.
This was taken from http://www.gunbanobama.com/ which is an NRA-ILA project, and it is available in PDF form at: http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/2008Obamafactsht.pdf
FACT: Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.17
FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate "assault weapons," but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.18
FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1
FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15
FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3
FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9
FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2
FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4
FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5
FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6
FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.
FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7
FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and "research."8
FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9
FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10
FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11
FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2
FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14
FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.16
FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9
FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.91. , S. 397, vote number 219, July 29, 2005. (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00219)
2. Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, Sept. 9, 1996. The responses on this survey were described in "Obama had greater role on liberal survey," Politico, March 31, 2008. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9269.html)
3. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 217, Kennedy amendment July 29, 2005. (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00217)
4. David Wright, Ursula Fahy and Sunlen Miller, "Obama: 'Common Sense Regulation' On Gun Owners' Rights," ' "Political Radar" Blog, http://blogs.abcnews.com, 2/15/08. (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/02/obama-common-se.html)
5., SB 2165, March 25, 2004, vote 20 and May 25, 2004, vote 3.
6. "Fact Check: No News In Obama's Consistent Record." Obama '08, December 11, 2007. (http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/12/11/fact_check_no_news_in_obamas_c.php)
7. "Candidates' http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_560181.html)positions may figure in Pa. vote," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Wednesday, April 2, 2008, and "Keyes, Obama Are Far Apart On Guns," Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04. (
8. 1998 Joyce Foundation Annual Report, p. 7.
9. "Obama and Gun Control," The Volokh Conspiracy, taken from the Chicago Defender, Dec. 13, 1999. (http://www.volokh.com/posts/1203389334.shtml)
10. Illinois Senate, May 5, 2002, SB 1936 Con., vote 26.
11. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2003, SB 2163, vote 18.
12. "Clinton, Edwards, Obama on gun control," Radio Iowa, Sunday, April 22, 2007. (http://learfield.typepad.com/radioiowa/2007/04/clinton_edwards.html)
13. Chicago Tribune blogs, "Barack Obama: NIU Shootings call for action," February 15, 2008, (http://blogs.trb.com/news/politics/blog/2008/02/barack_obama_comments_on_shoot.html)
16. Illinois Senate, May 16, 2003, HB 2579, vote 34.
17. United States Senate vote 245, September 29, 2005 and vote 2, January 31, 2006 and Saddleback Forum, August 16, 2008.
18. http://www.nrapvf.org/Media/pdf/sb1195_obama.pdf., March 13, 2003. To see the vote tally go to:
Paul (Shlomo) Helinski
Where America Buys and Sells Guns.
The way I look at it, my Constitutional Rights outweigh my balance on my savings account. My 401k will bounce back, it did after 1987 and it will this time. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about Barack Obama, a liberal who would take away my gun rights in a second if he gets the chance.